Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Big Reveal!

I always imagined the way I'd tell my husband I was pregnant. I knew it'd be fun and creative, like making a shirt for my dog, Ike, that say's "Mommy's Pregnant" or making him dinner with nothing but "baby" foods. But I never expected him to find out the way he did... It was Wednesday, January 25th at 7am. I woke up feeling really sick; I was actually up most of the night sick. I thought it was something I ate the night before. So I decided to call in sick. Neal tells me, "Why don't you take a pregnancy test?" I was really tired of wasting money on those things! For the last year, I kept getting the "one pink line" that means it's negative. So he then tells me, "If you take it and it's positive, I'll call in sick, too." I'm always up for a dare (and I love proving him wrong), so I went for it, assuming I'd be saying "I told you so!" Almost immediately I saw two pink lines (meaning a positive result), and as I held back tears, I ran out of the bathroom and said, "Uh.... ummmmm. Babe! UUUUHHHHH.... I think you need to call in sick today." I'm not sure if he believed me right away, until I put that beutiful little stick in front of him. I don't think I've ever seen him smile so big! Knowing that our general care doctor's office didn't open until 8am, we "patiently" waited....and started chugging water...and waited...and drank more water...and I went online to research the statistics on First Response Pregnancy tests... I was certain there was a mistake! By about 7:45, I was ready to go! I couldn't wait any longer!! I needed to know if the test was wrong!!! But just as we suspected, WE'RE PREGNANT! I immediately called my OBGYN office and set my first appointment... So now we have to wait until February 8th until our first appointment and hopefully have great news!

No comments:

Post a Comment