Sunday, June 24, 2012

Baby Name Reveal!

So we finally decided to reveal the name of our little girl! Drum roll, please... And Baby J shall now be known as....


It feels great to FINALLY announce it! We've had her name picked out since March (I was about 10 weeks pregnant), even before we knew she was a girl! Neal and I kept throwing out names and we just couldn't agree on a name! Well, in my line of work, I deal with a lot of mailings, and some of you may have heard of Avery brand labels. I happen to see it one day and thought, "Hmm.. that would be a pretty name!" I was a little nervous to tell Neal, since we hadn't agreed on a girl name yet. When I mentioned it to him, he paused and said he really liked it! From that moment on, we seemed to both be very happy with it! The middle name was a pretty easy decision. We decided to name her middle name after my mom's middle name. I look forward to telling Avery about how we came up with her middle name and how special it is, but we may have to come up with another story as to how we decided on her first name. I don't think she'd be too happy to know that mommy named her after a paper/label supply company...

About a week after we decided on her name, Neal did a Google search for "Avery Johnson." What we found, I definitely did NOT expect to see!! We found that a male NBA basketball player was named Avery Johnson! Since I'm not a huge fan of basketball, I had no idea who he was, but there have been quite a few people that have told me that Avery Johnson was a good player and is now a coach for the Brooklyn Nets! So maybe we can tell her we named her after a professional basketball player! (Hey, it sounds a lot better than naming her after paper/labels)

A little background on the name Avery:

Avery is originally a boy's name, it's pronounced AY-vree. It is of Old English origin, and the meaning of Avery is "elf or magical counsel." It is a form of the name Alfred.

Traditionally a masculine name, Avery is used on both boys and girls today. Avery is also fairly common as a last name.

It is the name of several towns and counties in the U.S.; there is also a crater on the Moon named Avery.


Popularity rank of Avery's name:

YearGirlsBoysOverall
20111820150
20102321064
20093222378
20083821689
20074822197
20065221297
200567215113
200477225127
(www.babynamesworld.com)


Images of Avery taken at 25 weeks & 3 days:










No comments:

Post a Comment