Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Random Thoughts


I titled this blog "Random Thoughts," but honestly, ALL my thoughts these days are random... 

Kicking: 
She’s kicking SO much these days! I absolutely LOVE her little kicks! She’s only jabbed my bladder a few times, so I can’t complain! She’s either scared of her daddy or his touch comforts her, because every time she starts to kick and Neal puts his hand on my belly, she stops! He’s felt a few good kicks, though. One of the first one’s he felt he said, “What was that? Was THAT was a kick? Wow!” She's my little soccer player! Lately, I’ve been able to watch her kick just by looking at my stomach. It’s actually more entertaining than almost anything on TV these days!! I could just sit and watch her kick all day!! Ha! Sometimes I think about the scene from Total Recall when the guy has an alien (Quatto) pop out of his stomach. (See photo) Weird I know, but hey, I’m pregnant…Most of the time even I don’t know why my mind acts the way it does. On a side note, if you've never seen Total Recall, you definitely should; it's a great movie!

Total Recall (1990)
Weight gain:
Here’s where I tell you some personal information that I probably shouldn't share (and you probably don’t want to hear), but oh well!! I have no shame!  My weight gain has really snuck up on me! I was right on track weight-wise until week 20, and then I doubled my weight gain in FOUR weeks!! (Someone really found their appetite again!) At week 20 I had gained 9 pounds. By week 24, I was officially up 19 pounds! TEN pounds in FOUR weeks?!?! EEK! In my defense (I know, I know… NO excuses!!), I had JUST gotten back from my vacation when I got weighed, where we ate out for practically EVERY meal, and (thanks to Regan, my dessert buddy) I ordered a dessert after every meal!! Since then, I’ve really started making better eating choices! And I’m trying to walk a lot more than usual. My goal is to gain no more than 30-35 pounds throughout the pregnancy (doc said 25-35 lbs would be ideal), but with the summer coming up, I’m worried that I’ll retain a lot of water, which will probably make those numbers on the scale increase! However, the number on the scale means NOTHING to me, as long as the baby is healthy, that’s all that matters!! 

The Nursery:
I’m getting really excited about the nursery! It’s coming together really nicely! This weekend my mom helped me with a 7 foot tall wall decal, which took us about 3 hours to put up. It was definitely NOT as easy to put together as I expected!!! (I’ll explain it all when I blog about it in the room reveal!) She’s also going to sew the curtains and crib skirt, since I can’t find anything that I want in stores!! Also this weekend, Neal and my dad hung a really large mirror and a ceiling fan. I can’t wait to share the photos with everyone! But I’m waiting until it is complete to reveal the room.  

Looking back:
I was looking back at some of my past posts, and I realized that I really was miserable in the beginning! I am SSOOOOOO glad that part is over with! I truly almost forgot how terrible I felt! Now I’m just tired all the time and peeing nonstop! Other than that, I can’t complain! Oh, that and my bellybutton is slowly closing up, my belly skin is starting to tighten, my rings are getting tight on my fingers, I get some mild cramping or pinches in my stomach occasionally, I’m gassy, moody (ask Neal), and oh this heat! I sweat SO much these days! I sweat mostly on my back and butt, which is really attractive when it soaks through my clothes! When I’m at home I wear panties and a sports bra. So PLEASE call me before you stop by for a visit! Haha! 


Photos:
25 weeks pregnant (at this point, I'd rather start counting DOWN the weeks! Saying I have 14 weeks left sounds a lot better!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment