Thursday, July 19, 2012

Avery's Nursery

There’s still a few things that we need to complete the nursery, but I’m excited to finally reveal the hard work that we’ve put in to this room!






To view a slide show of the progression of Avery's room, click here: http://www.kizoa.com/slideshow/d2965482k3783173o1/averys-room 


Or you can view the images at your leisure here: http://s1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg615/nealandsandy/ 

Breakdown of items:
  • Crib: Graco - Charleston
  • Dresser: I can’t remember the brand, but it was a pain to put together!
  • Toy storage: ClosetMaid Cubeicals. We plan to use orange drawers as well (They’re on our registry!)
  • Glider: Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider – Slate (It’s very comfy!)
  • Storage Ottoman: Target 
  • Curtains: We bought fabric at Hobby Lobby and my mom made them!
  • Crib skirt: My mom also made the crib skirt!
  • Rug: Ikea
  • Mirror: Ikea
  • Tree wall decal and birds & owl above mirror: www.dalidecals.com (It took my mom and me three hours to put the tree up, but it was worth the time!)
  • Wall Paint: Behr Premium Paint Color: "Porpoise" (Neal did a wonderful job painting the room!!) It took us about two months to finally decide on a grey shade that we liked! I had five different colors of grey samples on the wall and just couldn't commit! They all looked blue or purple to me!
  • Avery’s name: Wood letters from Hobby Lobby (I painted the sides of the letters pink & orange to give a fun effect)
  • Frame around name: We purchased crown moulding from Home Depot and our neighbor, Brandon, helped us cut it. We glued it together and nailed it to the wall (we saved about $80 doing it ourselves!) – I then painted the orange and pink stripe inside of the frame to give it a pop of color – It surprisingly took me two days to finish those two lines. Thank goodness they came out straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment