Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Failed Glucose Test

So I failed my glucose test... by ONE point! I scored a 136 and the cut off is 135. Now I have to take the dreaded three hour glucose tolerance test (GTT). I have to fast the night before (at midnight) and I can't eat or drink anything until after the test is over. I will have my blood drawn as soon as I get there (8 am) to test my "fasting blood glucose level" and then drink the sugar drink. One hour later they will draw my blood, and every hour for the next three hours. I will be bringing Neal to keep me company, as well as books and my iPad. This is going to be extremely tough for me, as I have never had to fast while pregnant before (it's tough enough to fast WITHOUT a growing baby inside of me!). Word to the wise: You may want to avoid speaking to me, calling me, texting me, Facebooking me, or ANY other form of communication on Friday, July 20th as I will be a VERY MOODY MAMA! :-) Poor Neal! Wish me luck!!! If anyone is in the Sugar Land area on Friday morning and they hear thunder, don't worry; it'll probably just be my stomach rumbling because I'm going to be STARVING!!! :-)

Failing this test has put me in a "Debbie Downer" mood, so to try and cheer myself up, I was looking at photos from our vacation and came across this shot I took of my "beach belly" and it made me smile!
Avery and I chilling on the beach in Key West!

No comments:

Post a Comment