Monday, April 2, 2012

The Joys of Pregnancy (Sarcasm)

Because I started my journal when I first found out I was pregnant, I'm going back in time to catch you all up on the joys, or lack thereof, of the first weeks of my pregnancy:


February 1, 2012: Pregnancy Food Aversions

I thought pregnancy was about having all these crazy cravings, but I haven't experienced this... YET. For now, I'm learning how to deal with food aversions. I never in a million years would have thought that the idea of food would make me sick. Even writing this blog is making me feel a little queasy, so I’ll keep it short! Pre-pregnancy I put bacon with everything. Now, the smell of bacon makes me gag. And for the last few weeks, I’ve had yogurt every morning, but all of a sudden yesterday, I had the hardest time swallowing the first bite when I realized if I kept eating, I was going to vomit… I just hope that I don’t have any aversions to pickles! :-) 

-- Update (April 2nd): Now that I'm in my second trimester, I don't have many food aversions anymore, but I am still having a hard time eating enough food (I NEVER thought that would be a problem!!). I no longer have an aversion to bacon, thank goodness!! But I fear I may NEVER want to eat yogurt ever again! The thought and smell of it still makes me a bit queasy! Oh, and no aversions to pickles! I have my homemade pickles, Kosher dill, Original dill, and hamburger slices in my fridge right now... Too much?? Not for me!! :-)

February 4, 2012: Pregnancy Mood

 Those that know me, know I can be quite moody from time to time... Ok, most of the time. In the mere weeks that I've known that I've got a little one growing inside my belly, I've been trying REALLY hard to keep my emotions in check. Ask Neal; I've actually been a pleasant pregger so far! But SOMETIMES I just can't keep my emotions from boiling over! For instance, pre-pregnancy Sandy would have never yelled at an innocent guy at the gas station because he tried cut in front of her to take her gas lane... I was there first!!! And I never would have cried when I had to rewrite my blog because it didn't save properly... And the best one was when I went to Chick Fil A and asked for extra BBQ sauce but when I got home, I realized they didn't give me any... I cried so hard I couldn't speak. Neal couldn't figure out what was wrong with me until I could muster up the words "IIII assssked for eexxxtraaaaaa baaarrrrr beeee qqq saaauucccee!!!" His response, "It's ok babe. We have some in the fridge." Me: "It's not the same!!! I'm NEVER going to Chic Fil A again!!!" - I went back a week later... It's crazy how my emotions have taken over! 

-- Update (April 2nd): I'm having a much harder time keeping my emotions in check (Ask Neal, he'll tell you that I've probably called him every bad name in the book!). I've actually quit trying to hold back. I mean, it can't be healthy for the baby, right?? :-) My emotions are still crazy. I cry a lot more than usual and at really stupid things (TV commercials, random comments made by others, songs on the radio, etc.).   

No comments:

Post a Comment