Monday, April 23, 2012

Strawberry Tree

So I was working on a fun edible centerpiece and I wanted to share it with you!

I bought a styrofoam cone from Hobby Lobby, approximately 12 inches tall. I wrapped it in aluminum foil and then wrapped it in red tissue paper.

I sorted the strawberries by size (I bought 4 lbs of strawberries and had about 6 leftover... which I ate!) and removed the leaves from all of the strawberries, except for the largest one, which I left for the top of the tree.

I started at the bottom using the largest strawberries. I pushed a toothpick into the cone about 1/2 inch from the lower edge, pushing it in about half way. Then, I attached the strawberry to the end of the toothpick sticking out of the cone. Work your way around the cone, with the smaller berries on the top.

Insert a toothpick at the top and place the strawberry with the leaf on it at the top.







1 comment: