Thursday, April 26, 2012

Nearing the end of my 1st Trimester!


Journal Entry from March 9th: First Trimester

 As I near the end of my first trimester, I look back at the last few months and realize I WON'T miss ANYTHING about the first trimester!

If I knew that pregnancy would be like this, I probably wouldn’t have wanted kids… I’ve been having every symptom of morning sickness, except vomiting (which, in my opinion, is the worst!). The thought of eating makes me sick, but having an empty stomach makes me sick… so I HAVE to eat. :-( But luckily I have PB&J sandwiches. I would eat them for every meal if I could! 

I see pregnant women that never complain, always look so fresh and happy, and then I look in the mirror… I look like I haven’t bathe in days, my face looks so pale and is full of acne, and the bags under my eyes can probably be seen from outer space… Needless to say, I don’t think I have that pregnancy “glow” that other women seem to have. But I’ll think positive (or just keep feeding lies to myself): A difficult pregnancy makes for an easy motherhood??? Please say it’s true!!! (Wishful thinking?) 

– Update April 2012: Pimples, pimples, and more pimples! If I get just ONE more pimple on my face, you won’t be able to recognize me anymore! And most of them like to form around my chin, so it looks like I have a “pimple goatee!”  I feel like as soon as one pimple goes away, two more take its place!! I have hope that they will go away, but I’ve been told by numerous moms that they won’t go away, and sometimes not even AFTER the baby is born… And I just THOUGHT I was done with my teenage years… 

Baby Johnson at 12 weeks (from my doctor's appointment on March 23rd)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment