Friday, April 6, 2012

Our First Appointment


February 7th: The night before our first doctor appointment
I never thought I’d be so excited to go to the doctor! In fact, I’m counting down the hours until I get to see Baby J, looking all black & white and squiggly… I’m sure I’ll probably look at that sonogram and think “What the heck am I looking at??” But I’m just so anxious to know that he or she is healthy and growing! Unfortunately, I haven’t been feeling well all day, but I’m fairly certain it’s just my allergies acting up; stuffy nose, itchy eyes, sneezing.  I’m really dragging today, but knowing I get to see my baby tomorrow makes me feel so much better! I just hope I can sleep tonight! 

February 8th: Our first doctor appointment

Waiting an hour in the waiting room at the doctor wasn’t the best start to our appointment, but as soon as we walked in the room and saw the sonogram machine, I forgot all about having to wait! (By the way, the sonogram machine does not look like what I expected! Because the baby is so tiny they can't do an "over-the-belly" ultrasound yet, but have to insert it, well, you know... The machine looks a little intimidating!! LOL!) When the doctor came in, of course we started flooding her with tons of questions. She had to interrupt us and give us her talk, which surprisingly answered A LOT of the questions on our list! (This doc knows her stuff!) So, on to the fun part! When we first saw our little one on that screen and I saw his/her heart beating, I felt such relief!! Up until that point, I just thought we’d made a mistake and that we weren’t pregnant! She had originally given me a due date of September 22nd, but as soon as she saw how tiny the embryo was, she seemed a bit concerned, which freaked me out. When she found out that I had abnormal periods (they're VERY abnormal), she seemed a lot less concerned and informed me that she was going to change the due date to October 2nd… At first I was excited, but then I realized I have TWO additional weeks of feeling like crud.  She printed off three images of our baby and had to “mark” where the baby was because I kept thinking I saw it, but she just kept laughing and telling me I was seeing the “sac”, not the baby! 

Here's baby's First Photo!!! Baby Johnson at 6 weeks (If you look closely, the baby is between the two little x marks.
 
And here's a close up of the baby (You can see the "x"s better in this shot"). --Baby looks a lot like an alien here!




1 comment:

  1. Are you sure that isn't a watermelon seed? I know you eat a lot of them in Texas.

    ReplyDelete