Monday, April 23, 2012

Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary


Journal Entry from February 28th: Our 3rd Anniversary!

Tonight we celebrated our third wedding anniversary by going to the restaurant Neal took me to the night he proposed, Perry’s Steakhouse. It’s one of our favorite places to eat, especially their pork chop! I like to call it “The whole damn pig” because it’s SO much meat! Nonetheless, I’ve been having aversions to meat, so I didn’t order the pork chop. I actually had to look at the menu because I wasn’t sure what else they had on the menu besides the pork chop and steak! LOL! I chose the shrimp, but I let the waitress know that I wasn’t planning on eating much so I could save room for dessert… Actually, what I really said was, “Do I HAVE to order dinner? All I really want is dessert!” But, I knew I had to be proper and order my meal in the correct order, so we all laughed it off, pretending like I was joking (but I was not joking!). I only ate about two pieces of shrimp when I called the waitress over and told her to get the chef started on my dessert, since it took 20 minutes to prepare… I did NOT want to have to wait for that delicious chocolately slice of heaven (with a mound of vanilla ice cream on the side). YUM!  Now, you MUST know that I NEVER order dessert… NEVER. I’ve always been a “meat and starch” kind of girl, and I didn’t care for dessert at the end of my meal, because I was always too full… I was CLEARLY a pregnant woman having a craving!

-- Update: After re-reading this journal entry, I must tell you that my cravings for desserts and sweets have NOT gone away! I think they’ve actually increased! I think I have three different types of ice cream in our freezer right now (Pre-pregnancy we NEVER had ice cream in our house because I’m lactose intolerant).  And I am now craving Perry’s again, including “The whole damn pig!” Thank goodness I like meat again!!! Neal, can you take me to Perry’s soon???  :-) 

Baby Johnson at 8 Weeks & 4 days (from doctor appointment on February 24th)


No comments:

Post a Comment